Monday, March 19, 2012

Balance



I have a lot on my plate.  I'm working with a new company,  I'm in a long-distance relationship, and I'm working on getting healthier, both mentally and physically.  Trying to balance this while maintaining my existing friendships and familial relationships is stressful.  I feel like I'm juggling plates while on roller skates.


I've discovered through the years that while I intellectually understand "moderation", I just don't "get it".  I can't seem to put it into practice.  When I have a goal (like a half marathon) and I get into the groove, it's like nothing can get me out, BUT once I fall off the wagon it's no-holds-barred.  My diet goes to hell, I get lazy, and it takes monumental effort to get me back on track again.  I'm finding that while trying to nurture my relationships and handle my job, my diet is going to Hell.  The vending machines call my name all day long, even the candy and chips that I'm not all that fond of call my name.  I feel exhausted all the time. I don't want to get up early to workout (after all, isn't waking up at five to leave the house at six early enough, I rationalize).  I have all the good intentions.  The alarm is set for four, but then the snooze button comes into play in the morning.


I'm hoping that getting used to hearing the alarm go off at four will eventually wake me up enough that I actually get out of bed and workout.  My first goal is set it for four and get out of bed at 4:30.  Then hopefully I'll make it to 4:15 then actually get out of bed when the alarm goes off.  I know that once I'm up and working out I'll feel better, the day will start off on a good note and I'll be less likely to allow the machines to call me.


Well, there's always tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment